Weber State University Emeriti Alumni Council Mission Statement
The Weber State University Emeriti Alumni Council champions the University by fostering spirited and lasting ties among emeriti alumni and friends.
To achieve this mission we shall:
- collaborate with and support Weber State University and the Alumni Association in their stated missions;
- search out emeriti alumni and encourage meaningful ties to the University;
- support students through sponsored activities and academic scholarship;
- reconnect alumni to the University by recreating shared history and cherished memories;
- promote life-long learning and recognize the lifetime achievements of emeriti alumni.
|Welcome to the Emeriti Alumni Council (EAC) web page! The council is an arm of the WSU Alumni Association and is made up of individuals who attended or graduated from Weber State forty years ago more and retired faculty and staff with at least 15 years service to the University. Our aim is to support Weber State University and the Alumni Association by volunteering at events where our assistance is needed, aiding students who have financial emergencies and providing scholarships. Each year we honor an outstanding alumnus with the Emeriti Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award and select the Emeriti Alumni Homecoming Royalty, who are honored during Homecoming Week celebrations. We encourage all former students to join the Alumni Association and be involved in the many outstanding athlectic, cultural and education opportunities that are available to us as Alumni. It is a great way to reconnect with old friends and associates and support our great University.
David C. Olsen - Class of 1971
President of the Emeriti Alumni Council